What are the main causes of constipation in pets?
The most common cause of constipation in pets is an incorrect diet. A lack of fiber (and sometimes excessive fiber) can be a problem as well as indigestible bones which can be swallowed and produce a cork-like blockage in the digestive tract.
Other causes of constipation include worm infestation, lack of exercise and furballs (in cats). Symptoms of bladder infections (such as straining) can also sometimes be mistaken for constipation.
Constipation can lead to a build up of toxins , which can cause numerous health problems.
Symptoms of Constipation in Cats and Dogs:
- Straining to have a bowel movement with no result
- Abdominal discomfort
- Loss of Appetite
- Going for long periods between bowel movements
- Hard, impacted stools
What is the conventional treatment?
The most common treatment for constipation is a change in diet . If this does not work, a mild laxative may be prescribed. An enema may also be necessary to remove hardened stool which is impacted in the colon.
How can herbal remedies and dietary
If your pet suffers from chronic constipation, then it is important to treat the condition holistically . Diet is the key element in the treatment and prevention of constipation.
Use herbal remedies and dietary supplements that are specifically aimed at maintaining bowel and digestive health, reduce reliance on dried and processed food, provide lots of fresh water and include roughage and fiber in your pet's diet to help prevent and treat constipation effectively and naturally.
As part of a holistic approach to treating your pet, natural herbal remedies and dietary supplements also help to build and strengthen your pet's immune system, encourage the elimination of toxins, and generally improve the overall health of your animal.
What is Natural Moves for Pets?
PetAlive Natural Moves for Pets contains a blend of herbal remedies and biochemic tissue salts especially selected to treat chronic and acute constipation in pets and to maintain healthy bowel and digestive functioning.
Used occasionally for acute constipation or regularly for chronic constipation, the ingredients of Natural Moves for Pets have the added benefit of promoting thyroid health, reducing high cholesterol and encouraging healthy strong skin and bones.
How has Natural Moves for Pets helped others?
“ A combination of Natural Moves and a daily walk has completely cured a constipation problem that my dog has had for years. I only wish that I knew it was so simple as I would have done this long ago. She is like a young dog again and I must say the walks are doing me good as well!!!! ”
“ Your help has been great and the capsules for constipation have done their job as you said that they would! ”
“ Thank you for all the work you are doing to supply natural herbs and medicines for our pets. From now on your website will be my first port of call when there is a problem. The Natural Moves capsules worked very well for my dog and we have not had a problem since we used them for one week only more then a month ago. You definitely have my vote! ”
What are the Ingredients?
Contains no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards. Individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
- Psyllium nigrum husk is a very high source of dietary fiber and has been used for centuries to treat ulcers and colitis and to promote regular bowel movements. It also helps to clear the body of excess cholesterol and helps to prevent heart disease.
- Avena sativa (Oats): Made from whole wild oats, this herb is very nutritious and has been traditionally used as a restorative tonic for the nervous system especially during times of nervous exhaustion and stress. It is also a very effective constipation remedy and can assist in the treatment of thyroid deficiency, high cholesterol and the building of strong bones (due to a high silica content)
- Aloe Ferox A succulent and well-known medicinal herb native to South Africa, Aloe Ferox has many different therapeutic uses and writings from as early as 1500BC in Ancient Egypt that document its medicinal uses. Amongst other benefits, Aloe Ferox is known for its beneficial effect on digestive functioning and acts as a natural system cleanser and remedy for constipation. It is also widely recommended for digestive complaints.
- Natrium Muriaticum 6C (Nat. Mur.) is a biochemic tissue salt which helps to maintain the body's water balance and is an essential component of all living cells. It plays a very important role in the digestive process and in the healthy processing of food. A systemic imbalance of Nat. Mur. can lead to a host of chronic digestive complaints such as constipation, diarrhea, vomiting, indigestion, bloating and heartburn. This tissue salt also has an excellent reputation for effectively treating dry and scaly as well as itching and weeping skin conditions, including skin allergies.
- Lactose (inactive ingredient)
How do I use Natural Moves for Pets?
Natural Moves for Pets comes in convenient capsule form. The capsules are easy to administer to pets and may be given whole or opened and the contents mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet's size and preferences.
Natural Moves may be taken regularly every day for pets with stubborn, chronic constipation or for 5 - 10 days for those with occasional problems.
Cats and small dogs: 1/2 capsule twice daily.
Medium dogs: One capsule twice daily.
Large dogs: One to two capsules twice daily.
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established.
How long until we see results?
You should begin to see an improvement in the frequency and consistency of your pet's bowel movements within a few days .
Remember that constipation and bowel health is best treated holistically with medication, diet, exercise and lifestyle factors all receiving equal attention (see below for some great tips on how to help your pet)