How can toxins affect my pet?
Daily exposure to a wide variety of toxins can seriously affect your pet's health.
A highly processed , chemically-enriched diet filled with colorants and preservatives; drinking chlorinated water, regularly wearing a commercial flea collar, daily being exposed to second hand cigarette smoke, insecticides and pollution - all these are just the tip of iceberg when it comes to the toxins affecting our pets.
Exposure to toxins can weaken a pet's immune system and damage his body's natural ability to fight off disease. Domestic animals are provided with food which they do not have to hunt for and which is not always suited for their bodies.
In addition , they are often exposed to a lifestyle which contributes to sluggish metabolism, underactive thyroids and livers which are not able to remove toxins or eliminate unwanted fat from their bodies.
The first step in helping your pet eliminate toxins from the body is to examine lifestyle factors like diet and exercise. Most of us are so used to feeding our pets commercially produced food that the thought of doing anything else seems very strange. But just as we need to eat a range of foods to ensure we remain healthy, so do our pets. And the more natural and unprocessed the better.
Raw food contains many essential nutrients and minerals that may be destroyed by cooking and processing. Commercially produced food typically contains many chemical substances which not only have no nutritional benefit but can actually seriously affect your pet's health - especially in the long-term.
Toxins can build up in the tissues and it is thought that this accumulative effect can lead to all kinds of health and behavioral problems.
How can natural remedies help?
Natural remedies can be very effective in helping to rid your pet's system of toxins and restore optimum body functioning. Improving thyroid and liver functioning, assisting digestive processes, boosting metabolism and enhancing the body's ability to process dietary fat will help your pet to look and feel more healthy.
Herbal and homeopathic medicine can also help to improve all-round systemic functioning and restore health and vigor to pets with compromised and toxic systems.
What is DetoxPlus?
DetoxPlus is a 100% herbal remedy specially formulated to prevent the buildup of toxins and to assist in toxin elimination. Used regularly, DetoxPlus will help to improve liver functioning, metabolism, thyroid health and the body's ability to eliminate toxins, helping to keep your pet in peak health and toxin free.
How has PetAlive DetoxPlus helped others?
“ Your DetoxPlus capsules have been marvelous for my Golden Retriever who has been looking under the weather lately due to, we believe, preferring to eat our food than hers! As my husband does not always follow a healthy diet you can understand that she was eating many things that both dogs and people should not!!!! Your Detox Drops for people have helped me and so I thought I would try them from your Pet website. I have been very happy with the results. Now ..... my husband???? ”
“ Thanks for your advise about the Detox capsules. They have helped my beautiful Persian and she has much more energy again. Like I said, I promise to give her no more chocolate! Oh dear - we had quite a scare after she became so ill! ”
“ I can recommend your Detox caps for anyone whose pet is showing signs of sluggish, lack of energy and falling out hair. I have tried it for both my dogs and it has been great! By the way - one of them has arthritis and seems much improved - could this also be the Detox caps? Thanks to all of you who help me when I phone or email! You are such a blessing to me and my family (including the furry ones!!!!) ”
What are the Ingredients?
Contains no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards. Individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
- Fucus vesiculosis (Kelp): is a sea vegetable that is a concentrated source of minerals, including iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. As a source of iodine, it assists in the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for maintaining healthy metabolism in all cells of the body. Regular use will also improve skin and coat condition.
- Aloe ferox has been used as a medicinal plant for thousands of years and has been depicted in paintings and hieroglyphics on the walls of Ancient Egyptian temples. An effective digestive tonic, regular use of Aloe ferox helps to regulate bile flow, ensuring the breakdown of dietary fat. Aloe ferox also helps to ensure regular bowel movements and is also valuable for a wide range of conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, circulatory disorders, arthritis, stomach ulcers, hypertension and joint inflammation and was used more than three thousand years ago by Indian healers to treat obesity. Modern science has established that this succulent is rich in nutrients and modern research has shown that Aloe contains 18 amino acids as well as Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and E.
- Medicago sativa (Alfalfa): is rich in nutrients including calcium, magnesium, potassium and beta carotene. It is regarded as an effective diuretic, helping to prevent bloating and assisting in the removal of toxins from the body. Like Aloe ferox, Alfalfa also helps to ensure regular bowel movements.
- Arctium lappa (Burdock): Widely known as a systemic cleanser and blood purifier, Burdock is also an effective digestive tonic and helps to lower blood sugar levels. It is invaluable as a cleansing and purifying agent, especially when there is a buildup of toxins, leading to skin problems, digestive sluggishness and arthritis. Burdock is also a natural antibiotic, helping to keep your pet free of infection and illness.
- Taraxacum officinalis (Dandelion): Dandelion contains bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on the liver and digestive system. Dandelion is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It enhances liver and gall bladder functioning and may decrease high blood pressure due to its diuretic properties.
- Rice Powder (inactive ingredient)
How do I use PetAlive DetoxPlus?
DetoxPlus comes in convenient capsule form. Capsules may be swallowed whole by larger dogs. However, most owners find that it is easier and more convenient to open the capsule and mix the contents with wet food or a small treat.
This prevents stress to both pet and owner! Cats, especially, hate to have medicine forced down their throats and will happily eat the dried herb when it is mixed with a little fish or meat.
A three week course is recommended and can be repeated when necessary.
Cats and small dogs: 1/2 capsule twice daily.
Medium dogs: One capsule twice daily.
Large dogs: One to two capsules twice daily.
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not been established.
How long until I see results?
Results will vary depending on factors like diet, exercise and the health of your pet. Where toxin buildup is linked to problems like sluggish digestion (or digestive problems), fatigue, arthritis, skin and coat problems and frequent illness, the condition of your pet should gradually improve and you should notice a glossier coat, more energy and a happier looking pet as time goes by.