Symptoms of UTI infection in pets
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are uncomfortable and extremely painful. They tend to be more common in cats than dogs and can be caused by bacterial infection, bladder stones or urolithiasis (stones in the urinary tract).
UTIs often recur and can lead to more serious kidney infections if left untreated. Symptoms include:
- Straining to urinate
- Obvious pain or discomfort when urinating
- Constantly licking their genitals
- Frequent urination without passing much urine
- Urinating in unusual places
- Cloudy or bloody urine
- Fever and loss of condition
What is the conventional treatment?
Conventional treatment of UTIs will depend on the specific cause of the problem. In many cases, antibiotics are prescribed which invariably relieve the animal's symptoms rather speedily.
However antibiotics tend to have a general weakening effect on the immune system which can cause further problems, especially in the long-term and particularly if they are prescribed regularly for recurrent infections.
What is PetAlive UTI-Free?
UTI-Free is a selected combination of herbal and homeopathic ingredients specially formulated to safely and effectively treat the causes and the symptoms of urinary tract and bladder infections in pets.
How has PetAlive UTI-Free helped others?
“ Our cat Blue, has been diagnosed with Chronic Cystitis. Basically, that means she has continuous and unexplained urinary tract infections. She has one or more a month and each lasts over a week and is very painful and uncomfortable. We have been told there is no cure for this problem and all we can do is wait until she gets the infection and put her on antibiotics. That was an unacceptable answer. The antibiotics never helped her very quickly anyway. I found your product on line and thought why not give it a try. I am happy to report Blue has been UTI free for three weeks now since taking your UTI-Free for pets. I just ordered another bottle. Thank you on behalf of our pain free and comfortable, happy cat. And by the way, if you have a pet like ours that will not let you sprinkle the product directly on their tongue as suggested, we mix each of Blue's doses in one tablespoon of wet food and it worked like a charm. Thanks again! ”
“ Thank you so much for making your wonderful products. Your UTI-Free and Digestive Support herbal medicines have cured my dog of her ailments. Now she can live and get back to doing what she does best, playing and barking! Again, thank you so very much!! ”
“ I am totally amazed! My five year old bloodhound mix has had bladder infections her entire life due to an anatomical defect (diverticula). We were looking at either keeping her on antibiotics for the rest of her life or having extremely invasive surgery and then we went to a holistic vet who focused on trying to find a way to keep her infection-free. I found this product and he told us it was safe to try it for her. Three nights ago I noticed the tell-tale signs: frequency, straining, bloody urine, and I gave her six capfuls over the three hours as recommended. She slept through the night that evening, which is unusual for her when she's got an infection and I got up the next morning to discover she still had the blood in her urine. I kept giving it to her though, and now the blood is gone and her urine is back to its normal light yellow. I'm dropping off a sample for a urinalysis in the morning but I'm confident it wll be clean. Thank you so much for helping my sweet girl! ”
“ My soon to be 6 year old cat was diagnosed with bladder stones a month ago. They recommended surgery but we couldn't afford it. I began to do research on this problem and how it's developed and it all begins with the dry food. I changed her diet to wet food but I knew she needed some type of treatment. She was on antibiotics twice and we all know that after a prolonged time use of it, eventually it stops working. She's been using UTI-Free for 3 weeks now and she is not in any discomfort at all. She's more active; almost like a kitten and her urine flow seems so much more than before, not only that there is no blood in the urine as before! Thank God for Native Remedies.com! I strongly recommend it. ”
What are the Ingredients?
Contains no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards. Individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
- Arctostaphylos uva ursi is a well known urinary antiseptic and excellent treatment for cystitis and all urinary tract problems. This herb contains the glycoside arbutin as the main active constituent. Hydroquinone derived from arbutin and methylarbutin is a powerful anti-bacterial agent and is thought to be responsible for uva ursi's ability to treat urinary tract infections.
- Berberis vulgaris This widely studied herb contains berberine as a main constituent. Berberine is a recognized antibacterial agent and has been shown to kill amoebae in test tube studies. It also prevents bacteria from attaching to cell walls, reduces inflammation and strengthens immune functioning, thereby warding off infection and acting as a preventative as well as a natural antibiotic. Berberis also helps to treat the symptoms of diarrhea, especially if related to E.Coli infection.
- Cantharis C6 is prescribed homeopathically for a variety of conditions, including severe cystitis and the burning urine associated with bladder infections, as well as the inability to pass more than a few drops of urine at a time.
- Staphysagris C6 is a proven homeopathic remedy also recommended for urogenital problems such as cystitis, as well as urine retention sometimes associated with prostate problems.
- Lactose (inactive ingredient)
How do I use PetAlive UTI-Free?
PetAlive UTI-Free comes in convenient dissolvable granule form. The fine granules are easy to administer to pets of all sizes and personalities and are simply sprinkled on the back of the tongue and left to dissolve. No fuss and bother!
Cats and small dogs: Large pinch of granules sprinkled into the mouth.
Small to medium dogs: Two pinches sprinkled into the mouth.
Medium to large dogs: 1/4 cap of granules sprinkled into the mouth.
Acute Conditions: Administer every 30 minutes for up to 6 doses a day or until symptoms subside. Thereafter administer two to three times daily for at least 7 days more or for as long as is necessary.
Chronic Use (for animals with recurring UTI-infections): Two doses of PetAlive UTI-Free daily to maintain urinary tract health.
How long until I see results?
Symptoms should begin to clear within a few days and should be under control within 7 - 10 days.
If your pet is run down or has recently been on antibiotics, it is recommended that you also administer a 10 - 14 day course of Immunity and Liver Support to strengthen functioning of the immune system.